Facebook is great, but NaturallyBorn.net is better! We'd love to see more activity on the website and this is why:
- You can get to know your fellow moms better, here on the website we have the chance to build a real community with messaging, groups, and profiles with as much detail as you want to share
- Questions and Answers posted on NaturallyBorn.net stay off of your Facebook "stalker" feed. You are free to be you! That means your mother-in-law will find out that you are pregnant when YOU are ready to tell her!
- Questions get posted to both our website and our Facebook page (but again, they won't appear on your friends' Facebook feeds. Questions that originate on our site will not include your name when posted to Facebook and will only be shown to fans of our page.) That means more exposure for you question.
- You can choose to ask questions anonymously or with your identity. (Hint: you get more points when you ask as yourself. Read below about our giveaways!)
- Questions get posted instantly. No more waiting on us to repost the question for you.
- Questions can be searched by keyword. You can also "follow" your question and get email notifications when you have new answers. No need to scroll down a Facebook page looking for the question you asked to have re-posted!
- NaturallyBorn.net also has a wealth of other information: Blog posts, provider directories and reviews, and a library of birth stories!
- NaturallyBorn.net is also the ideal place to get real-mom advice from NaturallyBorn Founders, Amy and Pam! It is where we like to hang out!
We know that dipping your toes in the water can be a scary thing, so we're going to make it fun!
Our prize closet is bursting. We have some cool Beco carriers, some books, a Stokke carrier and some gift cards to give away. All NaturallyBorn.net members who are active on the site will be eligible for weekly random prizes.
The more questions you ask, and the more quality answers you provide (fellow members can upvote helpful answers so the best advice rises right to the top!), the better your chances of being rewarded.
Are you ready? Jump in!
When I was pregnant with my first child, I couldn't believe my luck: not only did I miraculously escape morning sickness, but I had this AMAZING hair! Now, I had never had great hair, much less AMAZING hair. But my hair was better looking than ever.
Better still, I was getting more of it. At first, I couldn't figure out why that little baby hair was growing along my hairline. The were funny, but they and their friends on the rest of my head were boosting the hair I already had, giving my thin, fine hair way more volume than normal. Admittedly, this wasn't saying much. But I was glad for it.
And I wasn't alone. Most pregnant women report that their hair is better -- or at least different -- during pregnancy. Usually, women gush that their hair gets thicker, shinier, and stronger during pregnancy.
Great hair during pregnancy is the result of hormones kicking into high gear to support pregnancy. Those same hormones are also responsible for stronger, faster-growing nails and more radiant skin. In other words, when people talk about the "pregnancy glow", their talking about a hormone rush. Of course, the prenatal vitamins and all that healthy eating you are hopefully doing during pregnancy don't hurt either.
But alas, what the pregnancy hormones giveth, postpartum taketh away...